Real life test results show that if you are driving a Tesla, you have the best chance of avoiding serious injury. All models get 5 star ratings from safety tests conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and European New Car Assessment Programme.
Model 3 safety rating
Model S safety rating
Model X safety rating
- NHTSA: 5 stars
- Euro NCAP: not yet tested
What makes a tesla so safe
NHTSA tests show that Tesla makes some of the safest cars – with the lowest probability of an injury.
The reasons why a Tesla is so safe are:
- Low center of gravity, which makes flipping the car almost impossible.
- There is no engine, so the entire front of the car acts as a crumple zone.
- Alle Tesla’s have specially designed passenger airbags.
- The car’s frame is made of ultra-high strength beam structures that work to mitigate the impact.