Yes, a Tesla needs maintenance.
However, because electric cars have less moving parts, maintenance intervals are much longer than ICE vehicles. There are no traditional oil changes, fuel filters, spark plug replacements or emission checks.
Recommended maintenance services
- Cabin air filter: every 2 years
- HEPA filter: every 3 years
- Tire rotation, balance and wheel alignment: every 10,000 – 12,000 miles (15,000 – 20,000 km)
- Brake fluid test: every 2 years
- Air conditioning: every 2 years (Model S), every 4 years (Model X), every 6 years (Model 3)